Sunday, July 20, 2008

The new phone ...

As many of you know, I'm a gadget whore. I LOVE me some gadgetry. Well, recently I decided I was due to replace my phone. Ye ol' Dash just wasn't cutting it much anymore. So, out I went on a quest for a good phone and damned if I didn't find one that got me all geeked out again ... the Nokia N95-3.

This little guy is fully packed with all sorts of goodies.

  • 3G Support
  • 5 megapixel camera
  • Video recording at 640x480 @ 30fps
  • FM Radio
  • Built-in GPS
  • Music player (MP3, WMA, RealAudio, SP-MIDI, AAC+, eAAC+, MIDI, AMR, and M4A)
  • Video support (via built-in RealPlayer)
  • TV out
  • Built-in Wi-Fi
  • Accelerometer
  • MicroSD support for up to 4G

... and a whole lot of other fun stuff I'm learning everyday (video calls? really?)

Now, this thing was a royal bitch to get set up the way I wanted it. Emails, text messages, web support, and everything took a while to get tweaked, but I'm almost there. I also loaded fring for the first time on a phone. For those of you familiar with Trillian, it's a lot like Trillian, but for mobile phones. My AIM, ICQ, MSN, Skype, Yahoo, Google Talk, etc. are all together in one convenient package now. And look ... off to the right of this very page. It's a fring widget so you guys can see if I'm online and drop me a quick message if I am. Ooo ... ahhh

I'd love to go into more detail about this thing, as I'm like a kid in a candy store right now ... but I'm under the gun getting a metric ass ton of prep work done for Comic-Con (see previous blog entry). But I'll be playing with this and using as many features as I can.

More to come ...

No comments: