Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy weekend

Whew ... it's been a long weekend, and there's still more to do.

Long and short of it is that I've had a lot of writing to work on (which is one reason I'm only now updating this blog).  I've already put together a couple of reviews for USA Network's Character Arcade and three reviews for an upcoming issue of Best Buy's @Gamer Magazine.  I've also had to put together an assignment that was part of a writing assessment for a potential gig elsewhere. Now that I've got all that done and can take a minute to breathe, I'm popping in over here for a quick bit to say "Hello. Hi. Howdy." and then dive back into the writing.

 Oh, and let's not forget the fact that I'm trying to simultaneously write a book and a screenplay for an original IP.  Unfortunately, that's got to take a lower rung on the priority ladder for now, as it's the one thing that's really not on any actual deadline.  Well, other than the fact that I'd really like to get this IP developed enough to shop around sooner rather than later.

Aside from that, I'll be back working my skills as a professional wordsmith as soon as I wrap up this blog post.  I'm going to get ahead with some extra writing for a couple of outlets.  Meanwhile, I'll still be pushing forward to find some new opportunities, either writing for new outlets or helping to develop some strong online communities.  Of course, I'll also be evaluating any other opportunities that may cross my path, contributing my skills and experience where I can to do the most good.

So, that's the quick update for the weekend.  I'm sure I'll be back here shortly with an update, but at least I managed to squeeze in the time to poke my head back in here.

More to come ...

No comments: