Saturday, April 09, 2005

A long LONG night

Ugh. Okay, I'm trying this again. It's late (early?), I'm tired, and I need to get some sleep. But before I do, I figured I'd toss up a post to keep everyone informed as to what the latest news is with good ol' Dave. And hopefully this time it'll go through. (Just as a side note, I wrote this post once already, but an internal server error wiped it out)

First off, more of my writing went up over at GameSpy today. This time around it was a review of Pac-Man Pinball Advance for the GBA. The game is decent enough, but kind of lacking in variety. Younger players will get a kick out of it for a while, but that's about it. Also, I'm writing up a review for GameSpy of Myst IV on the Xbox. This is one game I'm having to get my hands dirty with, because it's a bear to play. It's fun, don't get me wrong ... but it's long and the puzzles can be a pain. I was also supposed to review the new survival horror game Obscure on the PS2 and Xbox. Unfortunately, there was a slight mix up at the offices, and the editors forgot that someone already wrote up those reviews last week off of preview builds sent out. So, I've got both versions of the game, but no reviews to write for them. Ah well, I'll probably go ahead and write up the reviews anyway ... either for Electric Playground or for Visionary Ink.

And speaking of Visionary Ink, that's the big reason I'm still awake right now. I'd decided to start looking at some redesigns for the blog portion, and Shane and I were crawling through the system to tweak out some stuff for the site. I stayed up a few more hours to get some final tweaking done, and so far I'm really digging the results. Now, the site is best viewed at 1280x1024, because anythign lower will cause the daily comic strips to alter the layout. However, even if your resolution isn't that high, the site is still accessible and easily readable ... some of the images and such may just look a bit "off". Either way, head on over to the site at: http://www.visionaryink.com/wordpress/ and let me know what you think.

No comments: