Saturday, April 30, 2005

E3 and a bunch of other news

Okay, let's get the first news out of the way. Two reviews went up tonight at GameSpy. The first is for Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 (PS2) and the second was Popeye: Rush for Spinach (GBA).

Moving right along, it's been a hectic few days. First off, I got the call from GameSpy about flying out to L.A. in a couple of weeks to help with their coverage of E3. I got that taken care of and everything was set. settled, and ready to go ... which naturally means everything was about to fall apart (Heh). So sure enough, the next day I tell my editor I've booked the flight and will be hitting L.A. on Tuesday the 17th. Then I find out some plans changed at the last minute and now they need me there on Sunday the 15th. So, I call the airline to change my reservation and I'm told it'll run me an EXTRA $400, to change the flight to Sunday, but only $150-ish to change it to Saturday. Of course, the rest of the GameSpy crew won't be in L.A. until Sunday, meaning there's no hotel set up for Saturday. Thankfully, a few quick calls later, I had my flight booked for Saturday AND a place to stay that night (thanks LeSean). Now I'll be at E3 all week, and cover some of the pre-show events as well.

As if that wasn't enough to keep me busy, it looks like I have yet another writing job lined up. This one is for a TV special ... one in a series which I may be involved with. And for those of you keeping score, this production company is NOT Greedy Productions (the company I usually do work for). I really can't say much more than that at the moment, but as soon as I can, I'll pass the details along.

No comments: