Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sing it with me guys: "M-I-C ... K-E-Y ... M-O-U-S-E"

New material went up at GameSpy today. This time around it was a preview for Disney's Magical Quest 3 (GBA). Overall, the game is shaping up okay (though the music sounds like crap). The funny thing is, ever since I started playing that damned game, I've had the Mouseketeer theme stuck in my head. DAMN YOU ANNETTE FUNICELLO!!! If you're too young to know who the hell Annette Funicello is, then feel free to substitute in Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, or Justin Timberlake in her place after you've finish making me feel old and decrepid.

So I found out today that I won't be able to cover the Konami pre-E3 event after all. Apparently, GameSpy could only get one person in for the event and I drew the short straw. However, on Wednesday, I will be checking out another game behind closed doors over at the EA booth. What can I say? They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Oh, in case you missed the press release, Nintendo is teaming up with GameSpy to finally bring online capabilities to the DS system. For those out you who don't know, GameSpy doesn't just do gaming news. In fact, GameSpy has developed a popular online matchmaking program for PC, Xbox, and PS2 games. Now, Nintendo and GameSpy are teaming up to bring a DS version of the GameSpy arcade software to the the dual screen handheld. I don't have any more details than anyone else at this time, and the news was originally supposed to be announced at E3. I guess Nintendo just decided that they couldn't hold out for a few more days.

On another note, I've been writing professionally for a couple of years now and I realized something. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY GROUPIES?!? Geez ... you guys don't think I got into this line of work for the money, do ya? Or out of some misguided "respect for the industry"? I mean heck, when I started this gig I was SURE the women would be beating down my door within days. After all ... I write about video games. Ooo ... AND I also work with people in the comic book industry. Doesn't the combination of video games and comic books work like an aphrodisiac for most women? I should be irresistable by now, damnit!!

** PLEASE NOTE: In case there's one or two of you out there that actually took that last paragraph seriously in the slightest, you should know I was only kidding around and being sarcastic. The reality is ... I already AM irresistable!! (Heh)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irresistable, eh? Just remember who the original 'David Groupie' is, all right? ^__~

Lefty said...

Plus, you wouldn't want the game-playing target group as your groupies. Believe me.

I just want to know one thing about said secret preview game, can I make opponenets 'sleep with the fishes' on Xbox Live? Because that I need a gangster game I can play on Xbox Live...NOW.

Unknown said...

I never said it was "secret" ... just behind closed doors. I wanted to see how many people got the reference.

Anonymous said...

David if i were a hot chick i'd be your groupie and be banging on your door all day. But i'm not a chick so sorry