Saturday, January 01, 2005

Online addiction has a new name ...

... and that name is World of Warcraft. Man, where do I start on this game? Okay, everyone should know by now that I'm NOT a fan of MMORPGs. I couldn't stand Everquest, and after trying it for a month I literally threw the game out with the trash. Until City of Heroes came along, I never saw an MMO game that grabbed my attention. And even as great as CoH is, I still only played it once or twice a week. And then came the drug that is World of Warcraft.

First off, I'm a big fan of Blizzard's games. There's been very little I've found wrong with the games that come from them. So when I first heard about their MMORPG based on the Warcraft mythology, I decided that, despite my apprehension to those games, I'd give it a chance. So I picked up my copy last week and have to say that WoW is just ... WOW!!! In eight days, I had logged about four days worth of game time. Everything is easy to get into, the characters all have personality, things run smooth, and it's the most fun I've had with a game in a LONG time. I'm shocked at just how great it is. I think I'll have to check it for subliminal messages because there's NO way a game can really be this addicting. I'll pull myself away in a bit to write up a review for Electric Playground.

No comments: