Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A hard day's night ...

And I've been working like a dog ...

Yup. It's been one of those days. Very little sleep last night due to a pulled muscle in my shoulder. But on the upside, I've been wide awake with a freight train of thoughts chugging along in my head.



Okay, so I can't say too much about too much (yeah yeah, I know I said I'd stop with that stuff, but this time I really CAN'T say much) but it looks like I'll be doing some more regular writing at yet another outlet shortly. Even more interesting, I'll be reflecting around in all facets of the entertainment diamond. Comics? Check. Video games? Check. Movies? Check. Of course, all of this wrapping up at about 2:00a now during a phone meeting, after cruising through the day on three hours worth of sleep since Monday morning is pretty exhausting. But when I'm "in the groove", I can keep on keepin' on ... with nobody the wiser until I zonk out after the meeting. Heh.

Before I pass out at the keyboard, though, I've got to say that if you own a 360 or PC, you owe it to yourself to pick up Mass Effect 2. The game is frikkin' amazing. Even moreso if you've played through the first game. I don't remember the last time a game has sucked me into the experience so much. It's almost mind blowing. Sure, there are a couple of very minor rough spots here and there, but the game is so much damned fun, you just don't ever care about the little bump in the road. I'll dish out a more extensive bit about the game later, but for the time being, I'll just say that (for me at least) the Mass Effect series is the video game equivalent of the Star Wars trilogy. The REAL trilogy too ... not the "pod racing/mitochlorian counting/whiny little Anakin" flicks. I mean the "Death Star 'sploding (twice)/Leia in a metal bikini/Han Shot first" trilogy.

End of line ...

1 comment:

subzero said...

Mass Effect 2 is a great game indeed. Everyone must own a copy =D