Thursday, July 08, 2004

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

It's just one of those times when that particular passage comes to mind. The world is a mad house, and we're all in the straitjackets. Things are going to be crazy around here for the next few weeks. Want a rundown?

First off, I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in comic games for the remainder of the week. Today alone I need to write up summaries of at least four games from the 10 Best list. I'm also going to go ahead and wrap up my preview of Monster Hunter by week's end. And during all of that, I need to make sure I remember to fill out the paperwork required to make sure I get PAID for all the work.

I also need to make a number of phone calls finalizing plans for San Diego and working the show. I have to come up with some ideas for an interview with the VP of Konami (discussing Yu-Gi-Oh!). I need to talk to the guys at EP to get the latest batch of articles up on their site. I've got to work on some ideas for a gaming column for a local publication. Etc. Etc. Simply put, I'll be buried in writing related work for the foreseeable future.

There's a lot more madness going on too, but as things progress it'll be posted up here. In the meantime though, I need to dive back into the paperwork. So until next time ....



No comments: