Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Comic game stuff

I had a couple of new reviews go up yesterday at GameSpy:
The Marvel Nemesis review was a difficult one for me. I really liked the game, and think it was a great start. The comic fanboy in me wanted to give it a 4 or 4 1/2 star rating, but the realist in me ... the actual gamer in me ... realized that the game still had some areas to polish up just a bit. Don't get me wrong though. The game is fun, and it's a solid debut for EA's new franchise. Keep in mind, a 3 1/2 out of 5 for GameSpy is still a good score. I sent a copy of the review to EA, and one of the PR reps did get back to me and said, "It’s a fair review. Thanks for the heads-up and the good coverage."

Speaking of comic-based video games, next week marks the release of Ultimate Spider-Man. I've been real curious about how this game is going to turn out. I should be getting my review copy next week as well, and I'll be writing up a review for the Electric Playground website. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it in.

No comments: