Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A slightly delayed update

Well, I've been planning to update all weekend and list out the games I reviewed last week. Then I found out one of the reviews got misplaced and was going to be delayed until Tuesday. The review was for NASCAR 06: Total Team Control from Electronic Arts. I was reviewing the PS2 and Xbox versions. I reviewed last year's NASCAR game for GameSpy, and was impressed by how well the game was put together. This year though ... let's just say I was less than impressed. Anyway, it would seem that EA has been itching for a decent review of the game, and was riding GameSpy about seeing the review. There was some concern that my less than stellar view of this year's game versus my positive impressions of last year's game might be viewed with some skeptecism. So, my review got killed and the game is being reassigned. So, I guess I'll see whether or not someone else is just as unimpressed as I was. Either way, I've always said that reviews are simply one person's opinion. You can take it or leave it.

Anyway, I've retooled the NASCAR review and sent it off to Electric Playground, along with a handful of other new reviews. So, nce the EP site gets updated, you should see a host of new content from me. As for the other work I did last week at GameSpy, here's what went up:
I'll try to put together a longer update soon, including news from the industry, current projects, and other tidbits of info.

No comments: