Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Another day in the trenches

Man, it's been a busy day today. Okay, technically I guess it was yesterday, but since I haven't been to sleep yet it's still today to me. I started off by wrapping up a review for Mario vs. Donkey Kong on the GBA. Let me tell you, if you've ever been a fan of any of the old school Donkey Kong games, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. It's a solidly fun title. My full review of the game, along with a few other pieces I've written for Electric Playground's web site, should be up sometime next week.

Speaking of Electric Playground, I was able to get a hold of Vic today and discuss a few upcoming projects. As it stands, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of writing for the EP web site for the time being. I'll be contributing much more in the way of reviews and features in the near future. We also touched on a few possibilities for the future, but nothing that can really be talked about just yet. I've also already arranged a few interviews to be filmed at Comic-Con in San Diego. If any of you plan on hitting the show in July this year, keep a lookout for the Greedy Productions film crew and stop by to say hey. As for the other stuff? I'll keep you posted as things develop.

Tomorrow (okay, today) is the day. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for the Xbox is finally hitting store shelves. This is one of the few games I have REALLY been waiting for a final copy of. The game really looks to be that damned good. Will it live up to the hype? I'm not sure yet ... but I will. It looks like I'll be writing the review on the game for EP this weekend. Look for an update here later to get my initial impressions on the game.

Okay guys and gals. It's time for me to finally get some well-deserved rest now. Keep your eyes peeled. Things may be getting a lot more interesting.

No comments: